PVD is formation of a thin layer on the surface of substrate in the vacuum environment with vapor transition phase. So it's called PHYSICAL VAPOUR DEPOSITION.
Most common hard coatings in this field are:
TiN , AlTiN , DLC , CrN , TiCN , ZrN
• High Hardness
• Wear Resistance
• Reduce of Friction Coefficient
• Resistance to Corrosion
• Resistance to Oxidation in high temperature
• Good adhesion
• Stable and compatible in various environment
• Inert and Non-toxic
• Thin Thickness and holding shape and sharp edges
* Most common coatings is TiN with gold color.
* AlTiN has the best resistance to oxidation in high temperature.
* DLC has a lowest Friction Coefficient.